1. Thread top elastic strap through top buckles. Repeat for bottom strap and buckles. Place the bottom elastic strap around the head just below the ears. Untwist the strap.
2. Place the top elastic strap around the head, above the ears. Untwist the straps.
3. Adjust tension by pulling tabs of each strap, as shown.
4. Using both hands, mould metal nosepiece comfortablly to shape of nose. Pinching the nosepiece using one hand may result in less effective respirator performance.
5. Strap tension may be decreased without removing respirator from the head by pushing out on the back of the buckles.
6. The seal of respirator on the face should be fit checked prior to wearing in the work area.
Fit Check Procedure
a) Cover the front of the respirator with both hands, being careful not to disturb the positon of respirator.
b) Inhale sharply. A negative pressure should be felt inside respirator. If any air leaks around the nose, readjust the nosepiece as described in step 4. If air leaks around at the respirator edges adjust the position of the respirator and/or tension of the straps. Retest the seal. Repeat the procedure until the respirator is sealed properly.
If you cannot achieve a proper fit, do not enter contaminated area.
See your supervisor.
Do not use with beards or other facial hair that may inhibit contact between the face and the edge of the respirator.